Education and Parental Rights are Priorities for the Ontario PCsPublished on June 04, 2018
(Beamsville) –“It's time to get back to basics, respect parents, and work with our teachers to ensure our kids have the skills they need to succeed,” reads the Ontario PC Election Platform.
An Ontario PC Government is committed to:
- Create a 75% refundable tax credit for child care costs for children aged 0 - 15 and allow parents to choose what kind of child care is best for their kids;
- Restore Ontario’s previous sex-ed curriculum until we can install a new one that is age appropriate and based on real consultation with parents;
- Provide an additional $38 million in funding for all children with autism;
- Uphold moratorium on school closures until the closure review process is reformed;
- Scrap discovery math and inquiry-based learning in our classrooms and restore proven methods of teaching and make mathematics mandatory in teachers’ college programs;
- Fix the current EQAO testing regime and implement a standardized testing program that works; and
- Mandate universities to uphold free speech on campuses and in classrooms.
When asked at the first Leader’s Debate how many nurses or teachers he intends to fire, PC Leader Doug Ford clearly responded: “Not one single person is getting laid off under our administration… Not one single person will lose their job.”
"We are going to have a booming economy and we will need more nurses, more doctors and more teachers," declared Ford in the last Leader’s Debate.
“Parents, students and teachers, have all been telling me that they want improvements in our education system,” said Sam Oosterhoff, Ontario PC Candidate for Niagara West. “The Ontario PC platform offers positive change in education, which respects families and teachers.”
The PC Platform is accessible at: https://www.ontariopc.ca/plan_for_the_people
For Information Contact: Crystal Mason | 905-563-0394 | firstname.lastname@example.org